Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 5 and whaaaat?

Okay, so when I first saw Day 5 of TIAS, my exact words were: what the fraaaack?
On another note, I very happily completed my very first lock chain =D =D 


I think it might be a gondola--or a viking ship, I saw that in a few guesses on the TIAS blog  and I kind of dig it =D
My own guesses include:
  • the gondola 
  • some other type of boat
  • a swan-type thing
  • a basket with flowers. 
Annnnd, I dyed some more thread =D 


As you can see, it's RAINING here! 
The cold front (79-72 degrees) was supposed to be gone the day before yesterday and then it started RAINING!
I'm not exaggerating, I've been wrapped in a flannel blanket all day while I tried to understand the equation for the change in enthalpy (I had to look it up to make sure I spelled it right--I keep saying enpalthy) in a chemical reaction.
In thermochemical terms, let's just say I was a walking (more like curled up) exothermic reaction all freaking day.


I was worried this one ^ wasn't going to work out. I had to mix up brown dye and then pour it into yellow dye, but I was worried it was going to come out mottled, or an icky barf color. I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but it's actually a really rich wheat/gold color =D 

Oh! And I have made some progress on Gemmy Bear. Not much, but progress nonetheless =D 


I'm trying out a gimp, but I'm like 97.3% sure I'm screwing it up. 
Oh well, haha =D 

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment